Foremost responsibilities are to present a professional image and provide a creative and unique landscape design and/or estimate to potential clients requesting installation and/or construction services. Possess the ability to complete the sales process by working directly with the client while having a thorough knowledge of the entire design and construction process. Have the knowledge to select the appropriate plant material and hardscape material for each individual job. Respond to all client questions and concerns throughout the installation process. To always promote the overall growth of the company through active marketing and sales activities. As a leader, this position should promote a safe, healthy and positive work environment for all team members.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Design, Sales and Marketing:
- Follow up on sales leads within 24 hours striving to promote 1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center as a quick response, customer service oriented business.
- Meet with clients to determine landscaping needs and desires, explaining the design process from the drawing table to completion of installation and/or construction.
- Take photographs of site and record necessary measurements and develop site plans and notations, as needed, at the time of initial meeting.
- Research materials for projects to ensure specifications and standards for quality are met. Solicit quotes from vendors for materials and negotiate costs to increase margins and allow for competitive estimating.
- Generate client estimates and drawings to be presented to the client with a written description of the work to be completed and a total price. Prepare internal work orders, purchase orders and construction drawings for the production and execution of sold jobs.
- Monitor projects through completion assuring that implementation of designs meet customer and design expectations as specified on drawings or through the provided estimates. Provide feedback to the Production Manager and Supervisors to see that jobs are completed per specifications.
- Assist crew leaders in maintaining proper records. Including the time spent, equipment and materials utilized, understanding work orders, purchase orders and change orders.
- Introduce Maintenance Sales Team to customer in order to provide information regarding additional and/or ongoing services available.
- Participate in ongoing sales promotions and assist in development of materials.
- Assist the Senior Sales Manager as further directed.
- Customer Service & Quality Control
- Assist with customer service calls to ensure all calls are addressed within 24 hours, acknowledging and identifying problems. Delegate or personally implement by following the company’s protocol for ‘Call to Action’. Document the problem and inform the Senior Sales Manager of the issue.
- Maintain open communications with customers in order to strive for excellence in service standards.
- Assist in management and provision of off-season snow removal services.
Associates degree in Landscape Design and construction or related field. Sales/customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of horticulture. Minimum of 2 years practical field experience installing landscape projects. Proficient in Microsoft Office and LMN. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Valid driver’s license and exemplary driving record required. Self motivated individual with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center is looking for energetic and driven individuals who want to join our growth and success as we strive to be the Premier Landscape Company and Garden Center in Central Ohio.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, customer-friendly sales floor.
- Develop solutions for customers by listening to their needs, as well as recommending appropriate products.
- Utilize 1st Impressions’ POS system to complete customer transactions.
- Maintain accurate receipt and money records.
- Capability to interpret customer needs and recommend best-suited products.
- 1 yr. customer service-related experience preferred
- 1 yr. educational field of study (FFA, agriculture, horticulture, landscape) or relative work experience required
- Ability to work well on a team and self-sufficiently when required
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Landscape and Garden Product Knowledge and Application
- Willingness to learn about new landscape products and services
- Interest in the landscape & horticultural fields of study preferred
- Must be able to lift and move 50lbs+ and stand for extended periods
- Experience operating light to heavy equipment (bobcat, front-loader, etc.) a plus!
- Flexible Hours
- Uniforms Provided
- Continued Education Opportunities
- Holidays off
- No night shifts
1st Impressions is an equal opportunity employer, providing service to much of Northern Columbus and Sunbury. We are dedicated to customer service, safety, and quality. We are looking for key individuals who are willing to adapt our strategies and progress the company towards continued, future growth.
This position is responsible for day-to-day management of 1st Impressions sales yard and warehouse. Specific areas of focus include loading of customers and service division staff while managing a safe, customer friendly experience. Additionally, inventory management, record keeping and general maintenance and upkeep of equipment fall under the responsibilities of this position.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Maintain records of incoming vendor shipments and out-going customer deliveries.
- Assist customers with sales transactions – verifying purchase and loading materials.
- Load service division staff with necessary materials for assigned jobs.
- Maintain site safety in accordance with Company Safety Policies and OSHA Regulations.
- Maintain site cleanliness.
- Complete daily/weekly inspections of inventory and provide recommendations to purchasing for re-stocking and / or sales staff regarding on-hand availability.
- Maintain on-site fuel and house-keeping log.
- Receive and verify incoming vendor shipments and provide notice of discrepancies to purchasing.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs for equipment utilized on site.
- Perform snow removal services during the winter months.
- All other duties as deemed necessary for the well-being of the company.
- Current, valid driver’s license, free of any major violations.
- Knowledge of landscape products and materials.
- Experience operating heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of basic and technical equipment repair, maintenance procedures and standards.
- Ability to use a computer or tablet for record keeping.
- Highly organized, neat individual.
- Self-motivated, dependable individual with strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work independently without physical restrictions and with minimal supervision for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
REPORTS TO: Retail Assistant Manager and/or Owner Compensation & Benefits: Full-time exempt benefits eligible