1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center is looking for energetic and driven individuals who want to join our growth and success as we strive to be the Premier Landscape Company and Garden Center in Central Ohio. We are searching for a full-time Landscape Design/Sales Assistant to provide creative and unique landscape designs and/or estimates to potential clients requesting installation, construction, and maintenance services. You should have the knowledge to select the appropriate plant and hardscape materials for each individual job while also responding to all client questions and concerns throughout the installation process. Ultimately, you must possess a thorough knowledge of the entire design and construction process and a willingness to assist in sales operations alongside industry professionals.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Design, Sales, and Marketing
- Follow up on sales leads within 24 hours striving to promote 1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center as a quick response, customer service-oriented business.
- Meet with clients to determine landscaping needs and desires, explaining the design process from the drawing table to completion of installation and/or construction.
- Take photographs of site and record necessary measurements and develop site plans and notations, as needed, at the time of initial meeting.
- Research materials for projects to ensure specifications and standards for quality are met. Solicit quotes from vendors for materials and negotiate costs to increase margins and allow for competitive estimating.
- Generate client estimates and drawings to be presented to the client with a written description of the work to be completed and a total price. Prepare internal work orders, purchase orders and construction drawings for the production and execution of sold jobs.
- Monitor projects through completion assuring that implementation of designs meet customer and design expectations as specified on drawings or through the provided estimates. Provide feedback to the Production Manager and Supervisors to see that jobs are completed per specifications.
- Assist crew leaders in maintaining proper records. Including the time spent, equipment and materials utilized, understanding work orders, purchase orders and change orders.
- Work with the Maintenance Sales Team to provide information regarding additional and/or ongoing services available to the customer.
- Participate in ongoing sales promotions and assist in development of materials.
- Assist the Senior Sales Manager as further directed.
- Customer Service & Quality Control
- Assist with customer service calls to ensure all calls are addressed within 24 hours, acknowledging and identifying problems. Delegate or personally implement by following the company’s protocol for ‘Call to Action’. Document the problem and inform the Senior Sales Manager of the issue.
- Maintain open communications with customers to strive for excellence in service standards.
- Assist in management and provision of off-season snow removal services.
Associates degree in Landscape Design and construction or related field. Sales/customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of horticulture. Minimum of 2 years practical field experience installing landscape projects. Proficient in Microsoft Office and LMN. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Valid driver’s license and exemplary driving record required. Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and creative mind.
Reports To: Senior Sales Manager
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive wages, benefits eligible
1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center is looking for energetic and driven individuals who want to join our growth and success as we strive to be the Premier Landscape Company and Garden Center in Central Ohio. We are searching for part-time customer service representatives responsible for engaging with customers on behalf of our company. Foremost duties include answering questions from customers and maintaining expert knowledge about company products and services to best assist. You will also be asked to process orders, modifications, and escalate complaints across several communication channels. To do well in this role, you must be able to remain positive when customers are frustrated and have experience working with technology. Incentives for this position include flexible hours, provided uniforms, continued educational opportunities, most holidays off, and no night shifts. Students are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
1 – Customer Service/Sales
- Interpret customer needs and recommend best-suited products.
- Utilize 1st Impressions’ Point of Sales (POS) system to complete customer transactions.
- Maintain accurate receipt and monetary records.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations such as area and volume.
- Educate customers or clients about additional products or services offered.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers always.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information regarding our products by using the correct methods/tools.
- Handle customer complaints and provide appropriate solutions or alternatives promptly; follow up to ensure resolution.
- Take the extra mile to engage customers!
2 – Showroom, Outdoor Sales & Manufacturing Areas
- Maintain cleanliness organization of all areas, keeping free of trash and debris.
- Assist with general maintenance of plant materials including routine watering, weed control, pruning, and identification of pest/fungus/disease problems.
Minimum of 1 year in an educational field of study (FFA, agriculture, horticulture, landscape, etc.) or relative work experience required, customer service-related experience preferred. Must have the ability to work well on a team and self-sufficiently when required. Excellent verbal communication skills are crucial. Possess a willingness to learn about new landscape products and services and an interest in the landscape & horticultural fields of study. Must be able to lift and move 50lbs+ and stand for extended periods. Experience operating light to heavy equipment (bobcat, front-loader, etc.) is a plus but not required.
Reports To: Assistant Retail Manager
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive wages
The primary responsibilities include coordination and performance of regular site inspections and detail work, assessment of existing client sites for enhancements, and solicitation of services for new and existing customers. This position is responsible for ensuring quality of work, safety of work sites and staff, and completion of projects based on customers’ and company expectations.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Complete project work orders and other required paperwork.
- Provide and oversee landscape maintenance services including weed removal and pruning/trimming.
- Perform seasonal color installations and provide recurring maintenance.
- Verify plant installation warranty claims and perform replacement installations.
- Identify, plant, and prune commonly used trees, shrubs, perennials, and annual plants.
- Recognize irrigation, landscape lighting, and other landscape problems and make recommendations for treatment/repair to client and sales manager.
- Recognize plant and turf pests and diseases and make recommendations for treatment to client and sales manager.
- Perform regular inspections of assigned vehicle, equipment, and tools to maintain safety, performance, and proper maintenance of service logs.
- Provide snow and ice removal services 24/7 as weather and client needs dictate.
- Assist with other duties as required for the good of coworkers and the company.
- Completion of a two-year horticultural or related program degree OR minimum three years related field experience.
- Excellent supervisory/leadership abilities, organization, and customer service skills.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with proven, safe driving record, and the ability to drive a truck/trailer combination.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Possession of ODA Commercial Applicator’s License categories 3A, 6A, 6C, & 8 or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time non-exempt position, benefits eligible