This position’s major responsibilities include shipping to customers, negotiating cost with and receiving product from respected vendors as well as overseeing the control of the inventory. Additional responsibilities include customer service and sales, organization, and cleanliness of the building and outdoor sales areas.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shipping & Receiving
- Generate purchase orders for committed purchases.
- Schedule and manage procurement of incoming inventory.
- Account for all products received and generate receiving vouchers.
- Notate discrepancies on packing slip and report overages and shortages to respective vendors.
- Schedule and coordinate deliveries to customers with staff and contracted brokers.
- Inventory Management
- Perform cycle counts and quarterly physical count of all inventories and make quantity & cost adjustments as required.
- Monitor inventory levels and make recommendations for reorder to owner or senior manager.
- Perform year-end inventory valuation of all inventories and make recommendations based on findings for manual cost adjustments and sales price adjustments.
- Generate and maintain price tags for all showroom products.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Negotiate product costs.
- Benchmark and establish sales pricing.
- Ensure products meet quality control standards.
- Make recommendations for new products.
- Customer Service/Sales
- Complete daily sales reports, balance register and make deposits of daily receipts.
- Fill customer orders and assist in loading customer vehicles and delivery trucks.
- Answer customer questions and take orders in store, by phone, and through ecommerce outlets.
- Keep a positive attitude and set an example for delivery, yard and counter staff.
- Assist in hiring and managing retail staff
- Coordinate procedural and product-based training for new hires and for new product lines.
- Track performance and perform annual reviews.
- Ensure staff adherence to company guidelines and provide notices of disciplinary action when deemed necessary.
- Assist in other duties for the good of co-workers and the business.
College degree/equivalent experience; at least one year experience business, warehouse/inventory control; wholesale/retail sales experience; minimum 1-year supervisory experience; excellent customer service and communication skills; organized with high degree of self-initiative. Computer skills to include Microsoft Office with high degree of proficiency in Excel, Eagle POS OR other POS operating system.
Reports To: President/CEO Compensation and Benefits: Exempt, benefits eligible
This position is responsible for day-to-day management of 1st Impressions’ sales yard and warehouse. Specific areas of focus include loading of customers and service division staff while managing a safe, customer friendly experience. Additionally, inventory management, record keeping, and general maintenance and upkeep of equipment fall under the responsibilities of this position.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Maintain records of incoming vendor shipments and out-going customer deliveries.
- Assist customers with sales transactions – verifying purchase and loading materials.
- Load service division staff with necessary materials for assigned jobs.
- Maintain site safety in accordance with Company Safety Policies and OSHA Regulations.
- Maintain site cleanliness.
- Complete daily/weekly inspections of inventory and provide recommendations to purchasing for re-stocking and / or sales staff regarding on-hand availability.
- Maintain on-site fuel and house-keeping log.
- Receive and verify incoming vendor shipments and provide notice of discrepancies to purchasing.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs for equipment utilized on site.
- Perform snow removal services during the winter months.
- All other duties as deemed necessary for the well-being of the company.
- Current, valid driver’s license, free of any major violations.
- Knowledge of landscape products and materials.
- Experience operating heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of basic and technical equipment repair, maintenance procedures and standards.
- Ability to use a computer or tablet for record keeping.
- Highly organized, neat individual.
- Self-motivated, dependable individual with strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work independently without physical restrictions and with minimal supervision for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Reports To: Retail Assistant Manager and/or Owner Compensation & Benefits: Competitive wages, full-time exempt benefits eligible
1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center is looking for energetic and driven individuals who want to join our growth and success as we strive to be the Premier Landscape Company and Garden Center in Central Ohio. We are searching for part-time customer service representatives responsible for engaging with customers on behalf of our company. Foremost duties include answering questions from customers and maintaining expert knowledge about company products and services to best assist. You will also be asked to process orders, modifications, and escalate complaints across several communication channels. To do well in this role, you must be able to remain positive when customers are frustrated and have experience working with technology. Incentives for this position include flexible hours, provided uniforms, continued educational opportunities, most holidays off, and no night shifts. Students are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Interpret customer needs and recommend best-suited products.
- Utilize 1st Impressions’ Point of Sales (POS) system to complete customer transactions.
- Maintain accurate receipt and monetary records.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations such as area and volume.
- Educate customers or clients about additional products or services offered.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers always.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information regarding our products by using the correct methods/tools.
- Handle customer complaints and provide appropriate solutions or alternatives promptly; follow up to ensure resolution.
- Take the extra mile to engage customers!
Showroom, Outdoor Sales & Manufacturing Areas
- Maintain cleanliness organization of all areas, keeping free of trash and debris.
- Assist with general maintenance of plant materials including routine watering, weed control, pruning, and identification of pest/fungus/disease problems.
Minimum of 1 year in an educational field of study (FFA, agriculture, horticulture, landscape, etc.) or relative work experience required, customer service-related experience preferred. Must have the ability to work well on a team and self-sufficiently when required. Excellent verbal communication skills are crucial. Possess a willingness to learn about new landscape products and services and an interest in the landscape & horticultural fields of study. Must be able to lift and move 50lbs+ and stand for extended periods. Experience operating light to heavy equipment (bobcat, front-loader, etc.) is a plus but not required.
Reports To: Assistant Retail Manager Compensation and Benefits: Competitive wages
1st Impressions is looking for a cross-disciplined individual to handle both our Accounts Receivable functions and our Human Resources functions. Primary responsibilities of this position are to provide support to the Office Manager, Division Managers, and the Owner of the company. Specific areas of focus include administration of human resource functions, employee benefits, accounts receivable, and sales commission calculations.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Clerical and Administrative Support
• Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls.
• Handle requests for information and data and prepare written responses to routine inquires.
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system, and retrieve documents as requested.
• Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails.
• Coordinate and maintain staff records.
2. Accounts Receivable
• Processing of weekly invoicing
• Prepare and analyze aging reports.
• Assist in collections and reporting activities in accordance with deadlines and company policy.
• Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally.
• Follow established procedures for processing receipt of payments.
• Prepare and make bank deposits.
• Ensure proper change is available for Retail Cash Drawers
• Calculate monthly and year end commissions for sales staff.
• Assist production/sales staff with customer notifications of services to be performed.
3. Human Resources
• Responsible for gathering all new hire paperwork and the set-up of electronic and paper files for employees.
• Assist in new hire onboarding.
• Administer policies and procedures, bench marking and maintaining knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations.
• Maintain information system and employee database.
• Administer compensation & benefits ensuring they are in line with company policies and legislation.
• Assist in handling employee complaints, grievances and disputes and all other HR duties as requested.
• Maintain compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements.
• Assist in the submission, organization and planning for seasonal H2B staff.
• Responsible for uniform ordering and uniform credit disbursement.
• Responsible for employee morale and recognition.
• Minimum 1 yr. payroll / office / human resources experience
• Ability to work well on a team
• Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
• Interest in the landscape & horticultural fields of study preferred
1st Impressions is an equal opportunity employer, providing service to much of Northern Columbus and greater Delaware County. We are dedicated to customer service, safety, and quality. We are looking for key individuals who are willing to adapt our strategies and progress the company towards continued, future growth.
Reports Directly To: President / CEO
Compensation and Benefits: Part-time, non-exempt position