Please Fill Out The Form Below To Apply
Are you an experienced hardscape crew leader or member who’s looking for the right place to continue to develop your skills and grow your professional career? Are you looking for a company that can provide you with the guidance and resources to help you achieve the success you know you’re capable of?
1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center is a growing company, expected to double the number of crew members and supervisors over the next two seasons. We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic individuals who want to be a part of our growth and success as we strive to be the premier landscape company in central Ohio.
- Motivate, train and supervise 1-2 construction crews of 2-3 individuals
- Ensure employee and worksite safety at all times
- Ensures quality of work is completed within the budgeted time, working side-by-side with construction crew member
- Communicate with landscape designers, account managers and customers to over come project challenges and exceed customer expectations.
- Operate various landscape construction equipment and tools, including but not limited to: Skid-steer loaders, mini track loader, plate compactor, partner saw, laser levels, material mover and dump trailer
- Interpret and implement blueprints/plan view drawings to properly layout construction projects and supervise a crew through project completion
- Coordinate with project manager to ensure all equipment and materials needed to complete a project are acquired
- Use of company tablet to complete project work orders, employee time sheets and other required paperwork.
- Paid time off after 90 days
- Paid holidays after 90 days
- Retirement benefits after 1 year
- Uniforms provided
- Paid/reimbursed continuing education opportunities
- Excellent supervisory and customer service skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience installing patios and landscape walls on a hardscape crew
- Demonstrated organization and leadership abilities
- Possession of a valid Ohio driver’s license with proven safe driving record
- Ability to drive a truck and trailer combination
- Ability to lift 80 lbs
1st Impressions is an equal opportunity and at will employer, providing service to much of northern Columbus and Sunbury. We are dedicated to customer service, safety, and quality. Inevitable growth is in our future, and we are looking for key individuals who are willing to adapt our strategies and progress the company towards continued future growth.
1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center, a well-established central Ohio full service landscape company is seeking an experienced Mowing Crew Leader. This working supervisor is responsible for ensuring quality of work, safety of work site and employees, and completion of maintenance and mowing based on company and customer’s expectations.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Direct team of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled workers; maintain a productive and motivated team
- Ensure that the quality of work meets or exceeds the customers’ expectations
- Oversee comprehensive maintenance of equipment and vehicles; train team members on proper and safe use of equipment
- Take an active role in all training programs
- Identify shrubs perennials and annuals
- Perform quality inspection prior to departing a customer site
- Maintain a professional and friendly image through attention to vehicle and equipment maintenance and cleanliness, and professional interactions with customers and employees
- Carry out written and oral instructions
- Keep records and prepare reports as needed.
- Spanish speaking is a plus
Skills and characteristics of a successful team member include:
- Ability to lead others and manage crews
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong work ethic
- Clean driving record
- Be able to drive company vehicles which would include a truck/trailer combination
- Be able to frequently stand, walk, or crouch on narrow and/or slippery surfaces; stoop, kneel, bend to pick up or move objects; walk for long distances and on sloped ground and uneven surfaces; move, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 50 pound.
What we offer:
- Great pay
- Paid time off, paid holidays
- Production Bonus
- SIMPLE IRA
This position can be year-round as First Impressions is contracted to perform snow removal services for many commercial sites in the Sunbury and Columbus area.
This is an opportunity to grow with our company.