1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center is looking for energetic and driven individuals who want to join our growth and success as we strive to be the Premier Landscape Company and Garden Center in Central Ohio.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, customer-friendly sales floor.
- Develop solutions for customers by listening to their needs, as well as recommending appropriate products.
- Utilize 1st Impressions’ POS system to complete customer transactions.
- Maintain accurate receipt and money records.
- Capability to interpret customer needs and recommend best-suited products.
- 1 yr. customer service-related experience preferred
- 1 yr. educational field of study (FFA, agriculture, horticulture, landscape) or relative work experience required
- Ability to work well on a team and self-sufficiently when required
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Landscape and Garden Product Knowledge and Application
- Willingness to learn about new landscape products and services
- Interest in the landscape & horticultural fields of study preferred
- Must be able to lift and move 50lbs+ and stand for extended periods
- Experience operating light to heavy equipment (bobcat, front-loader, etc.) a plus!
- Flexible Hours
- Uniforms Provided
- Continued Education Opportunities
- Holidays off
- No night shifts
1st Impressions is an equal opportunity employer, providing service to much of Northern Columbus and Sunbury. We are dedicated to customer service, safety, and quality. We are looking for key individuals who are willing to adapt our strategies and progress the company towards continued, future growth.
The primary responsibilities include coordination and performance of regular site inspections and detail work, assessment of existing client sites for enhancements, and solicitation of services for new and existing customers. This position is responsible for ensuring quality of work, safety of work sites and staff, and completion of projects based on customers’ and company expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and give direction to coworkers as assigned, motivating, and maintaining a productive, safe, and collegial team.
- Complete project work orders and other required paperwork.
- Provide and oversee landscape maintenance services including but not limited to mulching, edging beds, weed removal, pruning/trimming, mowing, and string trimming.
- Identify, plant, and prune commonly used trees, shrubs, perennials, and annual plants.
- Recognize irrigation, landscape lighting, and other landscape problems and make recommendations for treatment/repair to client and sales manager.
- Recognize plant and turf pests and diseases and make recommendations for treatment to client and sales manager.
- Perform regular inspections of assigned vehicle, equipment, and tools to maintain safety, performance, and proper maintenance of service logs.
- Provide snow and ice removal services 24/7 as weather and client needs dictate.
- Maintain a professional and friendly image through attention to vehicle and equipment maintenance and cleanliness, and professional interactions with customers and employees.
- Assist with other duties as required for the good of coworkers and the company.
- Completion of a two-year horticultural or related program degree OR minimum three years related field experience.
- Excellent supervisory/leadership abilities, organization, and customer service skills.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with proven, safe driving record, and the ability to drive a truck/trailer combination.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Possession of ODA Commercial Applicator’s License categories 3A, 6A, 6C, & 8 or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center is a growing company expected to double the number of crew members and supervisors over the next two seasons. We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic individuals who want to join our growth and success as we strive to be the Premier Landscape Company in Delaware County.
- Motivate, train, and supervise crews of 2-3 individuals.
- Ensure employee and worksite safety at all times.
- Ensure quality of work is completed within the budgeted time, working side-by-side with maintenance crew members.
- Coordinate and provide leadership during provision of mulching, pruning, spring & fall clean ups and other related projects.
- Snow and Ice removal as season and client needs warrant.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Production Supervisor to ensure all equipment and materials needed to complete a project are acquired.
- Identify basic plants and weeds for treatment and removal necessities.
- Use of company tablet to complete project work orders, employee time sheets, and other required paperwork.
- Paid time off and holidays after 90 days
- Retirement benefits after 1 year
- Uniforms provided
- Paid/Reimbursed continuing education opportunities
- $18-22/ hour with additional opportunities to earn with skill and knowledge assessment.
- Employee Referral Bonuses and Employee Tenure Bonuses Available!
- Excellent supervisory and customer service skills.
- Experience in related field.
- Ability to identify basic plants and weeds.
- Demonstrated organization and leadership abilities.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with proven, safe driving record.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Class B CDL preferred but not required.
- ODA Category 6a and 6c certification preferred but not required.
1st Impressions is an equal opportunity and at will employer, providing service to much of northern Columbus and Sunbury. We are dedicated to customer service, safety, and quality. Inevitable growth is in our future, and we are looking for key individuals who are willing to adapt our strategies and progress the company towards continued future growth.
Primary responsibilities of this position include assisting in the completion of routine maintenance and landscape installation services. Specific areas of focus include operation of required tools and equipment to complete various tasks, prioritization of work assignments, maintaining job worksite safety, and exhibiting pride and quality of workmanship.
- Assist the work of crew members and leader to ensure safety standards, quality and productivity of work.
- Communicate with crew leaders, crew members and customers to tackle project challenges and exceed customer expectations.
- Assist with loading and unloading of company vehicles including all equipment and materials needed to complete daily assignments.
- Assist in the completion of daily maintenance assignments and installation of landscape projects such as: brick paver and flagstone patios, pergolas and other wood structures, irrigation and drainage systems, low-voltage lighting, and tree and shrub planting, mowing, pruning, spring and fall cleanups.
- Perform snow and ice removal as seasonally required.
- Conduct before and after inspections of job sites to eliminate the need for call backs due to quality or customer satisfaction issues.
- Focus towards improvement of job skills and potential for personal & professional growth.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in landscape field preferred.
- Ability to regularly lift 50lbs.
- Enthusiasm and drive to learn and advance within our organization.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Crew Leader
- Full-time exempt position $15.00-$18.00 hourly
- Snow Bonus Compensation
- Work apparel credits
- Paid continuing education opportunities
1st Impressions is an equal opportunity and at will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is responsible for day-to-day management of 1st Impressions sales yard and warehouse. Specific areas of focus include loading of customers and service division staff while managing a safe, customer friendly experience. Additionally, inventory management, record keeping and general maintenance and upkeep of equipment fall under the responsibilities of this position.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Maintain records of incoming vendor shipments and out-going customer deliveries.
- Assist customers with sales transactions – verifying purchase and loading materials.
- Load service division staff with necessary materials for assigned jobs.
- Maintain site safety in accordance with Company Safety Policies and OSHA Regulations.
- Maintain site cleanliness.
- Complete daily/weekly inspections of inventory and provide recommendations to purchasing for re-stocking and / or sales staff regarding on-hand availability.
- Maintain on-site fuel and house-keeping log.
- Receive and verify incoming vendor shipments and provide notice of discrepancies to purchasing.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs for equipment utilized on site.
- Perform snow removal services during the winter months.
- All other duties as deemed necessary for the well-being of the company.
- Current, valid driver’s license, free of any major violations.
- Knowledge of landscape products and materials.
- Experience operating heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of basic and technical equipment repair, maintenance procedures and standards.
- Ability to use a computer or tablet for record keeping.
- Highly organized, neat individual.
- Self-motivated, dependable individual with strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work independently without physical restrictions and with minimal supervision for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
REPORTS TO: Retail Assistant Manager and/or Owner Compensation & Benefits: Full-time exempt benefits eligible