1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center is looking for energetic and driven individuals who want to join our growth and success as we strive to be the Premier Landscape Company and Garden Center in Central Ohio. We are searching for a full-time Assistant Manager of Purchasing. This position’s major responsibilities include shipping to customers, negotiating cost with and receiving product from respected vendors as well as overseeing the control of the inventory. Additional responsibilities include customer service and sales, organization, and cleanliness of the building and outdoor sales areas.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Shipping & Receiving
- Generate purchase orders for committed purchases.
- Schedule and manage procurement of incoming inventory.
- Account for all products received and generate receiving vouchers.
- Notate discrepancies on packing slip and report overages and shortages to respective vendors.
- Schedule and coordinate deliveries to customer with staff and contracted brokers.
- Perform quarterly physical count of all inventories and make quantity & cost adjustments as required.
- Monitor inventory levels and make recommendations for reorder to owner or senior manager.
- Perform year-end inventory valuation of all inventories and make recommendations based on findings for manual cost adjustments and sales price adjustments.
- Generate and maintain price tags for all showroom products.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Negotiate product costs.
- Benchmark and establish sales pricing.
- Ensure products meet quality control standards.
- Make recommendations for new products.
- Complete daily sales reports, balance register and make deposits of daily receipts.
- Fill customer orders and assist in loading customer vehicles and delivery trucks.
- Answer customer questions and take orders in store, by phone, and through ecommerce outlets.
- Keep a positive attitude and set an example for delivery, yard and counter staff.
Assist in hiring and managing retail staff
- Coordinate procedural and product-based training for new hires and for new product lines.
- Track performance and perform annual reviews.
- Ensure staff adherence to company guidelines and provide notices of disciplinary action when deemed necessary.
- Assist in other duties for the good of co-workers and the business.
College degree/equivalent experience; at least one year experience business, warehouse/inventory control; wholesale/retail sales experience; minimum 1 year supervisory experience; excellent customer service and communication skills; organized with high degree of self-initiative. Computer skills to include Microsoft Office with high degree of proficiency in Excel, Quick Books POS Pro OR other POS operating system
Reports To: President/CEO Compensation and Benefits: Competitive wages, benefits eligible
1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center is looking for energetic and driven individuals who want to join our growth and success as we strive to be the Premier Landscape Company and Garden Center in Central Ohio. We are searching for a full-time Landscape Design/Sales Associate to provide creative and unique landscape designs and/or estimates to potential clients requesting installation, construction, and maintenance services. You should have the knowledge to select the appropriate plant and hardscape materials for each individual job while also responding to all client questions and concerns throughout the installation process. Ultimately, you must possess a thorough knowledge of the entire design and construction process and a willingness to assist in sales operations alongside industry professionals.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Design, Sales, and Marketing
- Follow up on sales leads within 24 hours striving to promote 1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center as a quick response, customer service-oriented business.
- Meet with clients to determine landscaping needs and desires, explaining the design process from the drawing table to completion of installation and/or construction.
- Take photographs of site and record necessary measurements and develop site plans and notations, as needed, at the time of initial meeting.
- Research materials for projects to ensure specifications and standards for quality are met. Solicit quotes from vendors for materials and negotiate costs to increase margins and allow for competitive estimating.
- Generate client estimates and drawings to be presented to the client with a written description of the work to be completed and a total price. Prepare internal work orders, purchase orders and construction drawings for the production and execution of sold jobs.
- Monitor projects through completion assuring that implementation of designs meet customer and design expectations as specified on drawings or through the provided estimates. Provide feedback to the Production Manager and Supervisors to see that jobs are completed per specifications.
- Assist crew leaders in maintaining proper records. Including the time spent, equipment and materials utilized, understanding work orders, purchase orders and change orders.
- Work with the Maintenance Sales Team to provide information regarding additional and/or ongoing services available to the customer.
- Participate in ongoing sales promotions and assist in development of materials.
- Assist the Senior Sales Manager as further directed.
- Customer Service & Quality Control
- Assist with customer service calls to ensure all calls are addressed within 24 hours, acknowledging and identifying problems. Delegate or personally implement by following the company’s protocol for ‘Call to Action’. Document the problem and inform the Senior Sales Manager of the issue.
- Maintain open communications with customers to strive for excellence in service standards.
- Assist in management and provision of off-season snow removal services.
Associates degree in Landscape Design and construction or related field. Extensive sales/customer service experience required. Knowledge of horticulture preferred. Minimum of 2 years practical field experience installing landscape projects. Proficient in Microsoft Office and LMN. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Valid driver’s license and exemplary driving record required. Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and creative mind.
1st Impressions Landscape & Garden Center is a Smoke-Free Workplace.
Reports To: Senior Sales Manager Compensation and Benefits: Competitive wages, base salary plus commission, with benefits eligible